Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Glamping at Chessington World of Adventures: 'pitch-perfect for excitable youngsters'
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- "Choose a life, not a knife": Met police cadets campaign posters to appear across London to tackle knife crime
- 8 things to look forward to in Croydon, Sutton and Epsom this bank holiday and half term
- Ben Butler murder trial: Six-year-old Ellie's mother say she lied about daughter's death 'to protect an innocent man'