Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- VIDEO: No laughing matter as two men try to steal gas canisters from St Helier Hospital
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike