Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Mayor Sadiq Khan to London's EU migrants: 'You are welcome here'
- EU referendum voters queued for "hours" waiting for Sutton Council to fix technical glitch
- EU Referendum 2016: As Britain votes to leave, how did your borough vote in south west London and north Surrey?
- David Cameron to RESIGN as Britain votes to leave European Union
- Brexit: Sutton Councillors and MPs react to historic vote as the Borough defies London trend