Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Artist traces journey made by Surrey couple in mid 1930s
- Machine gun smuggling woman: 'London gangsters threatened to kill my gran'
- Man arrested over burglaries where 'gentleman burglar kissed victims goodbye'
- Delayed Boris backs life-sciences hub in Sutton as travel hold up pushes case for trams
- Imported Romanian rescue dogs need new homes this Christmas