Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Primary school headteacher receives more than £200,000 a year
- Vicar charged with sex and child cruelty offences after investigation into 'spanking'
- Boris Johnson's new 'crime dashboard' promises to help Londoners track crime in their neighbourhood
- VIDEO: Stolen luxury cars from London and Surrey found stuffed inside crates to be shipped overseas
- Popular student stepped in front of breakdown truck, inquest hears