Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- STRIKES: Southern rail, Waterloo & City and Central line facing disruption this week
- Wenger admits U’s 3G pitch is a concern ahead of FA Cup tie
- Minicab driver fined £110 after parking outside his own house - when he was trying not to block road
- Fans angered by U’s FA Cup sponsorship deal with the The Sun
- Don't name streets after people in case they are paedophiles, councils told