Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Man hospitalised after crashing into a lamp post in Rosehill Park West
- Dad on a mission to raise funds for St Helier Hospital as thanks for saving his new born son's life
- Sutton police release images of three teenagers after hooded arsonists are captured on CCTV
- Council job ad describes theatres as being 'at the heart of the community'- just weeks after proposing to shut them all down
- Blind charity worker condemns Hackbridge crossing and says he is 'too scared' to go there