Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- Flash floods 'will happen more often,' Sutton Council warned
- 'I made tea for Alf Ramsey': 50 years since England won the World Cup, we take a look at ordinary Londoners who played their part
- Man, 46, pleads guilty to forcing way into pensioner's home and raping her in 'horrific' attack
- Ben Butler appeals conviction for murdering six-year-old daughter Ellie
- Fire consumes pavilion at old BBC sports ground in Motspur Park