Sutton Music Service will benefit from a cash injection from the Mayor’s Music Fund.
The group along with Hounslow Music Service and the Philharmonia Ochestra will be able to address the difficulty they have found in getting high quality string ensemble playing across the boroughs by creating a string chamber orchestra for students Grade 6.
It is all part of a £90,000 investment which will benefit approximately 2,000 aspiring young musicians.
- ‘Here you have got misfits, people from all walks of life’ – thriller Alleycats delves into London’s underground world of bike racing
- Fears rise over NHS plans to cut services across London and the country
- BANK HOLIDAY WEATHER: Heatwave continues in London and south-east
- Children 'too afraid to go outside' after 4x4 ploughs through fence and lands inches away from house
- Fate of Sutton theatres set to become clear as administrators set deadline for buyers