Police have revealed more details about the knifepoint robbery in Wallington yesterday afternoon.
They were called at about 1.30pm to reports of a robbery outside the Post Office on Woodcote Road.
A man armed with a knife stole money from a man who was taking out money to pay in at the post office.
The robber, who is described as black, approximately 20 years old, 5ft 7ins and of stocky build, left the scene on foot.
The incident was initially reported to have happened near Ladbrokes.
The Flying Squad, the specialist crime and operations section of the Metropolitan Police, is investigating.
Anyone with information about the incident should call 020 8785 8655.
- London will be hotter than Barcelona today as heatwave reaches its peak
- Epsom and St Helier hospital workers conquer UK's three highest peaks in bid to fund new critical-care equipment
- Southern train guards announce fresh strike action
- Newsagent forced to take tobacco home at night after thieves steal cigarettes worth £15,000 from his shop
- House prices in Sutton soar by 16.8% in a year