Police have revealed more details about the knifepoint robbery in Wallington yesterday afternoon.
They were called at about 1.30pm to reports of a robbery outside the Post Office on Woodcote Road.
A man armed with a knife stole money from a man who was taking out money to pay in at the post office.
The robber, who is described as black, approximately 20 years old, 5ft 7ins and of stocky build, left the scene on foot.
The incident was initially reported to have happened near Ladbrokes.
The Flying Squad, the specialist crime and operations section of the Metropolitan Police, is investigating.
Anyone with information about the incident should call 020 8785 8655.
- First arrest in Sutton under new drug-driving laws
- Convicted burglar wanted by Surrey Police
- Primary pupils don hard hats for construction site visit
- Exercise designed for astronauts finds home in Cheam
- Death row investigator, turned French Prix award-winning author, in Sutton for World Book Day