Two men were arrested for theft after a helicopter and police dog search in the early hours of this morning.
Officers on patrol heard an alarm go off in the Mill Green Industrial Estate, in Hackbridge, at about 2.45am this morning.
They called for assistance and were joined by the dog unit and the police helicopter.
A man who hid from the police was detained by the dog unit while the other man was caught after being found in a neighbouring yard by the police helicopter.
Items including empty fuel drums, a car radio, a bag of tools and vehicle have been seized while two men, aged 28 and 29, were arrested on suspicion of theft.
- Vets surgery given the go-ahead to open in empty Nonsuch Park lodge despite claims it "would destroy wildlife habitat"
- Tonnes of debris left in the road, but could Christmas card hold clue to the culprit?
- Hospital car parking charges set to rise as part of year of "unpopular decisions" at Epsom and St Helier
- Train strike back ON - dates set for two Network Rail walkouts after pay offer rejected
- Entity Allstars dancer from Worcester Park gets ready for Britain’s Got Talent final