A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Secombe Theatre opens its doors for three free public shows
- Family recalls daughter's death ahead of Meningitis Awareness Week
- Aspiring journalist who collapsed at boyfriend's Worcester Park home died from fatal MDMA dose
- Sutton High Street's social enterprise celebration
- Epsom and St Helier Hospitals invite people to AGM on Monday