Woman in cricitcal condition after suffering cardiac arrest in busy North Cheam street
A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
- Neighbours shock after house fire leaves woman fighting for life
- Wallington's Maggie Hughes named mum of the year for campaign following attack on her son
- Woman fights for her life with 60 per cent burns - Man arrested in attempted murder probe
- Carshalton and Wallington MP hails British Heart Foundation volunteers