A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- ‘Shaw is best goalkeeper’: Sutton United website hacked
- Police given more time to question south London teenagers arrested on suspicion of terror offences
- TUBE STRIKE: Commuters react as latest London Underground walkout causes delays
- POLL: More than half of Londoners admit to dipping their wick in the office goods. Have you?
- Sutton United reserve goalkeeper resigns over betting scandal