A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- UPDATE: Man 'carrying gun' arrested by firearms police in Benhilton
- Liberal Democrats hold Carshalton Central in Sutton Council by-election
- 'Let her rest in peace': Granddad's anguish after killer dad appeals conviction for murder of six-year-old Ellie Butler
- Barring publication of Ellie Butler murder ruling was wrong, judge concludes
- More affordable housing for London as Sadiq Khan prepares to introduce 'non-negotiable' 35 per cent rate on private developments