A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- ‘We’ve received no complaints’: Council claims about rubbish bin collection service
- New Mayor ‘humbled’ after being appointed at Sutton Council
- This is when you will be able to pick lavender at an idyllic spot in Carshalton
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing