A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Children's centres budgets slashed by 14%
- Family devastated after heirlooms stolen and home bleached by burglars
- Life saving equipment for Sutton
- Heart of Hackbridge is 'not that bad' says new Facebook group
- Can you spot yourself? Sutton and Cheam Air Cadets from 1950 captured on canvas