A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- NHS strikes suspended after pay proposal from government
- Flasher indecently exposes himself to schoolgirl in Worcester Park
- Gunman shoots two squirrels dead and injures a fox in Grange Road area of Sutton
- Sutton Council could raise council house rents just one week after it slammed 'unscrupulous' private landlords for pricing people out of the borough
- Mothers rally together in fight to save Sutton's children's centres