A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for well-being of teenager missing from home for nearly a month
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit
- Calls for speed cameras to be introduced after car flips over in Cheam
- Twenty firefighters tackle fire at block of flats in Sutton
- MPs warn of falling school standards amid savings drive 'delusion'