A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Police hunting man wanted in connection to five burglaries
- UPDATED: Firefighters called to fire at building site near town centre
- Sutton man's van aims to 'change the cycling industry'
- Blue badge fraudsters fined for falsely using disabled badges, one belonging to a dead man, to park for free
- Brexit vote and Boris Johnson bid to succeed Cameron could mean Heathrow expansion is denied, say campaigners