A robber left a woman needing hospital treatment for the sake of just £20 this morning.
A woman was walking along an alley between Sutton Common Road and Hallmead Road when she was shoved from behind by an unseen assailant between 6am and 6.15am today.
The robber took two £10 notes from her purse then fled, leaving the victim lying in the alley.
A passerby found the woman with cuts and grazes to her face and called emergency services.
She was taken to hospital for treatment and the alley was cordoned off by police while a forensic examination took place.
If you saw anything in the area at the time or have any other information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Monday’s weather: A cloudy morning will give way to an afternoon of sunshine across south west London and north Surrey
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- Would you live in an independent London city-state under President Sadiq Khan? 'Londependence' petition passes 110,000 signatures
- Mayor Sadiq Khan to London's EU migrants: 'You are welcome here'