Mugger batters woman in alley for £20 in Sutton
A robber left a woman needing hospital treatment for the sake of just £20 this morning.
A woman was walking along an alley between Sutton Common Road and Hallmead Road when she was shoved from behind by an unseen assailant between 6am and 6.15am today.
The robber took two £10 notes from her purse then fled, leaving the victim lying in the alley.
A passerby found the woman with cuts and grazes to her face and called emergency services.
She was taken to hospital for treatment and the alley was cordoned off by police while a forensic examination took place.
If you saw anything in the area at the time or have any other information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- War weapons and medals stolen in Sutton burglary
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Young author from Carshalton looking for help in turning Jolly Jim the explorer into a reality
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
Comments are closed on this article.