The pub, based in Carshalton Road, beat 27 others for the title in a competition organised by Paul Scully, prospective conservative MP of Sutton and Cheam.
More than 1,500 customers voted online with The Robin Hood and Gander Inn coming second and third.
Paul Scully said: "This competition has been really enjoyable to organise. The willingness with which customers participated shows how much residents cherish their local as a community hub.
"The Nightingale is a great example of a pub that draws in both local regulars and people from a good distance away, all of whom like good company, good music and a decent drink."
- Chief sub gets muddy for mencap
- Pensioner Gloria Foster found dying on her bed after being left for nine days by carers
- Actors and directors heartbroken as Sutton's theatres face curtain call
- Council tax con-artists target people in Sutton
- Sutton Community Farm receives £10,000 funding