The pub, based in Carshalton Road, beat 27 others for the title in a competition organised by Paul Scully, prospective conservative MP of Sutton and Cheam.
More than 1,500 customers voted online with The Robin Hood and Gander Inn coming second and third.
Paul Scully said: "This competition has been really enjoyable to organise. The willingness with which customers participated shows how much residents cherish their local as a community hub.
"The Nightingale is a great example of a pub that draws in both local regulars and people from a good distance away, all of whom like good company, good music and a decent drink."
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Queenstown Road station
- Sutton’s former roly poly goalie took on all comers in an eating competition and this is how we fared
- ‘The last four months have been hell’: Weir reveals depression struggle following London Marathon win
- Properties evacuated after fire breaks out above shop
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'