The pub, based in Carshalton Road, beat 27 others for the title in a competition organised by Paul Scully, prospective conservative MP of Sutton and Cheam.
More than 1,500 customers voted online with The Robin Hood and Gander Inn coming second and third.
Paul Scully said: "This competition has been really enjoyable to organise. The willingness with which customers participated shows how much residents cherish their local as a community hub.
"The Nightingale is a great example of a pub that draws in both local regulars and people from a good distance away, all of whom like good company, good music and a decent drink."
- Hospital death of childcare worker 'not a result of medical negligence'
- Fate of Sutton theatres set to become clear as administrators set deadline for buyers
- GCSE results day in Croydon and Sutton
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London
- Missing teenager found safe and well - after just 19 minutes