Power cut hits Sutton town centre - Greggs forced to throw out food
A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- From charging at rioters to rescuing hamsters - outgoing top cop shares his stories
- Carshalton chicken shop hoodies attack vulnerable man
- Dog owner lies about address after attack in Carshalton Park
- Up to 300 blood samples taken after van is stolen from outside GP surgery in broad daylight
- Drunks will be forced to wear 'sobriety tags' in crime crackdown
Comments are closed on this article.