A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Driver appears in court over death of jogger hit by van
- Tributes to Colin Hall deputy leader of Sutton Council
- M25 speed camera fines to help make Surrey’s roads safer, says police and crime commissioner
- Croydon veterans remember the Rhine Crossing - and Sutton veteran Johnny Johnson
- Police equipped with guns and shields descend on Wallington