A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Anti-dome campaigners rally before meeting to decide fate of school's plans
- Devonshire Primary School support staff given a surprise thank you from pupils
- Chelsea and England football star visits the sick at Royal Marsden Hospital
- Black Friday. What Black Friday? Sales in Sutton go on but no chaotic scenes
- Zebra crossing could be coming to Shotfield after councillors listen to residents