Power cut hits Sutton town centre - Greggs forced to throw out food
A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Jewellery stolen from house as parent picks up child from nursery
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Number of GCSE results in Sutton between A* to C falls by 17 per cent on last year
- High street scheme recycles 40 tonnes of waste that would have been dumped in landfill
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
Comments are closed on this article.