A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- 'Operation Juddering Climax': Boris promises Sutton tram extension in colourful sign-off message
- Filthy North Cheam food store fined £38,000 for hygiene breaches
- Bright and sunny day ahead with warm weather set to continue throughout the week
- Sutton Council leader branded 'crass and irresponsible' after sending thousands of mock eviction notices
- WIN! We’ve got money-can’t-buy X-Men Apocalypse goodies to give away