A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Sewage stench means disabled man unable to eat in his own home
- Teenager punched after two families row in Asda gravy aisle
- Neglect arrest after screaming baby left in car while childminder shopped at Tesco in Sutton
- Meet the Wallington postie named after a Rabid sea snail
- 'Caring and friendly' Croydon teenager dies hours after supporting friend over father's death