Power cut hits Sutton town centre - Greggs forced to throw out food
A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Sutton council accused of censorship in 'propaganda' row
- War weapons and medals stolen in Sutton burglary
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Young author from Carshalton looking for help in turning Jolly Jim the explorer into a reality
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
Comments are closed on this article.