A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Police hunting man wanted in connection to five burglaries
- UPDATED: Firefighters called to fire at building site near town centre
- Sutton man's van aims to 'change the cycling industry'
- Blue badge fraudsters fined for falsely using disabled badges, one belonging to a dead man, to park for free
- Brexit vote and Boris Johnson bid to succeed Cameron could mean Heathrow expansion is denied, say campaigners