Sutton Trading Standards is urging people to ‘fight back against the fraudsters.’
The call comes as part of Scams Awareness Month, which is taking place up and down the UK throughout May.
Research by the charity Citizens Advice predicts there are 4m victims of fraud every year.
Victims of scams should report the instance to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Police appeal to find missing Clapham man last seen in Sutton
- WEATHER: Warm temperatures to continue with cloud cover to arrive this afternoon
- Public left on hold for up to 20 minutes after Sutton Council cuts call centre staff
- Ben Butler murder trial: Dad accused of killing six-year-old daughter was 'completely devoted' to her, partner tells court
- 18 of the best roast dinners in south west London and north Surrey, as recommended by you