An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- Victorian bridges in Hackbridge to be demolished
- FEATURE: Is enough being done to tackle air pollution?
- World Cup winner Sir Geoff Hurst and Arsenal great Martin Keown visit amateur Worcester Park football club
- 'It's like she's transported to another world': Care home residents shown biographical films in clinical trial
- Firefighters called to more than 100 Storm Doris-related incidents at peak of strong winds