Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake caught dribbling as he tries his hand at basketball
An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- MP tops off Carshalton College's latest development
- Fraudster gang jailed after 'inside man' at Royal Marsden cancer hospital helped them run £642k scam
- Hooded attacker grabs woman as she walks home in Carshalton
- Man dies after being found injured in parked car
- Hackbridge neighbours in shock after blaze devastates Bedzed flat
Comments are closed on this article.