An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- 'Robocop' killer to fight murder conviction after Court of Appeal rules witness was unreliable
- VIDEO: Who's most likely to get rescued when their car breaks down - men or women?
- EXPLAINED: Not got a fracking clue? We've extracted everything you need to know
- Glamping at Chessington World of Adventures: 'pitch-perfect for excitable youngsters'
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer