We’ll all be going flipping crazy later as the annual feast that is Pancake Day gets us stuffing our faces.
Also known as Shrove Tuesday, the day is traditionally when all the fatty and rich foods are used up before Lent begins the day after on Ash Wednesday.
While fasting through to Easter isn’t strictly adhered to by many these days, Pancake Day remains a big deal with 52 million eggs set to be cracked around the country.
Here is a round-up of information, recipes and tips to help get you set for the occasion.
- RECIPE: Perfect pancakes by Bluewater chocolate experts Cocoba
- 5 steps to the perfect pancake this Shrove Tuesday
- Five of the best places to get pancakes and crepes in south east London and north Kent
- 14 fun facts about Pancake Day and why we go flippin' crazy for Shrove Tuesday
- Top 10 pancake toppings - how do you like yours?
We also want to hear from you, so add your comments below with your favourite pancake recipes, topping combos or suggestions for where to get the best pancakes.
We’d also love to feature your pancake pictures on our website. Share pictures of your Pancake Day celebrations, along with your pancake-making successes (or failures!). Add your contributions here: