Elderly couple taken to hospital after inhaling pan fumes

Elderly couple taken to hospital after unattended pan causes fumes

Elderly couple taken to hospital after unattended pan causes fumes

First published in News Sutton Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Chief Reporter

An elderly Belmont couple were taken to hospital after their bungalow filled with fumes from a pan being left on the hob after they went to bed.

The couple, thought to be in their 70s, were woken by their smoke alarm and called firefighters to their Sandy Lane home at around midnight on Tuesday.

A crew from Sutton fire station ventilated the bungalow and gave the couple oxygen. An ambulance took the pair to hospital to treat them for smoke inhalation.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:51pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Michael Pantlin says...

I hope these poorly patients were taken to our St. Helier District General Hospital and not dragged all the way to distant Tooting. The report does not say.
I hope these poorly patients were taken to our St. Helier District General Hospital and not dragged all the way to distant Tooting. The report does not say. Michael Pantlin
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree