Firefighters called to Sutton house after reports of flames coming from chimney
Firefighters had to called after someone put so many logs on a fire the flames were came out of the top of their chimney.
A crew from Sutton fire station was called to a house in Wrythe Lane after neighbours spotted the flames spurting from the top of the chimney at around shortly after midnight.
A fire service spokesman said: "It was caused by too many logs on the fire. It had calmed down by the time we arrived so we were able to just damp it down.
"The owners of the house were out in the garden and must not have noticed."