A woman has avoided jail for making a hoax call in which she claimed ambulance workers were under threat from a bomb.
Sutton woman Fiona Whiteley, 33, called the St John's Ambulance base in Richmond to make the false bomb threat on Sunday, January 13.
Whiteley, of Ambleside Gardens, admitted making the false call and was handed a nine month sentence suspended for one year at Kingston Crown Court today.
She will also have to do 40 hours of unpaid work.
- Leader of Sutton Council apologises for sending mock eviction notices to thousands of people
- Clapham Junction station evacuated after Vauxhall fire causes travel chaos
- Weather: Dry, warm and sunny spring day with maximum temperatures of 20 degrees celsius
- London Elects 2016: Everything you need to know as London gets a new Mayor and London Assembly
- 'Operation Juddering Climax': Boris promises Sutton tram extension in colourful sign-off message