A woman has avoided jail for making a hoax call in which she claimed ambulance workers were under threat from a bomb.
Sutton woman Fiona Whiteley, 33, called the St John's Ambulance base in Richmond to make the false bomb threat on Sunday, January 13.
Whiteley, of Ambleside Gardens, admitted making the false call and was handed a nine month sentence suspended for one year at Kingston Crown Court today.
She will also have to do 40 hours of unpaid work.
- Police appeal to find missing Clapham man last seen in Sutton
- WEATHER: Warm temperatures to continue with cloud cover to arrive this afternoon
- Public left on hold for up to 20 minutes after Sutton Council cuts call centre staff
- Ben Butler murder trial: Dad accused of killing six-year-old daughter was 'completely devoted' to her, partner tells court
- 18 of the best roast dinners in south west London and north Surrey, as recommended by you