A woman has avoided jail for making a hoax call in which she claimed ambulance workers were under threat from a bomb.
Sutton woman Fiona Whiteley, 33, called the St John's Ambulance base in Richmond to make the false bomb threat on Sunday, January 13.
Whiteley, of Ambleside Gardens, admitted making the false call and was handed a nine month sentence suspended for one year at Kingston Crown Court today.
She will also have to do 40 hours of unpaid work.
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for well-being of teenager missing from home for nearly a month
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit
- Calls for speed cameras to be introduced after car flips over in Cheam
- Twenty firefighters tackle fire at block of flats in Sutton
- MPs warn of falling school standards amid savings drive 'delusion'