A woman has avoided jail for making a hoax call in which she claimed ambulance workers were under threat from a bomb.
Sutton woman Fiona Whiteley, 33, called the St John's Ambulance base in Richmond to make the false bomb threat on Sunday, January 13.
Whiteley, of Ambleside Gardens, admitted making the false call and was handed a nine month sentence suspended for one year at Kingston Crown Court today.
She will also have to do 40 hours of unpaid work.
- Pensioner who made neighbour’s lives hell by banging wooden stick for four months convicted of harassment
- PARTY TIME! Send us your school prom photos for our gallery
- A day of remembrance - 100 years since the beginning of the Battle of The Somme we ask our readers for their stories of that most terrible of battles
- Sleeping woman awakes to find masked burglars in house in 'terrifying ordeal'
- Two Sutton schools celebrate national awards