A woman has avoided jail for making a hoax call in which she claimed ambulance workers were under threat from a bomb.
Sutton woman Fiona Whiteley, 33, called the St John's Ambulance base in Richmond to make the false bomb threat on Sunday, January 13.
Whiteley, of Ambleside Gardens, admitted making the false call and was handed a nine month sentence suspended for one year at Kingston Crown Court today.
She will also have to do 40 hours of unpaid work.
- Chief sub gets muddy for mencap
- Pensioner Gloria Foster found dying on her bed after being left for nine days by carers
- Actors and directors heartbroken as Sutton's theatres face curtain call
- Council tax con-artists target people in Sutton
- Sutton Community Farm receives £10,000 funding