Rosehill Post Office to get revamp and longer trading hours
The Post Office is giving its branch in Rosehill a revamp.
Following a temporary closure between September 19 and September 27, the new look store will be open considerably longer.
The branch, in the Co-op on Wrythe Lane, Carshalton, will see trading hours doubled to make an extra 40.5 hours a week and will feature five serving positions.
It is part of a controversial nationwide modernisation programme which will see Post Office services available alongside retailers.
Post Office Regional Network Manager - South, Will Russell, said: "We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in this area of Carshalton and we are confident that this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
The Post Office, now independent of Royal Mail, is the largest retail network in the UK, with over 11,500 branches.
Sutton Council recently backed calls to keep St Nicholas Centre Post Office open after the company announced wants to close the branch in Sutton's St Nicholas Centre and merge it with the branch in Grove Road.
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
- Former winner calls for Sutton Community Awards nominations
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
Comments are closed on this article.