Boy thanks firefighters with brownies for freeing trapped finger from nut
Firefighters had to come the rescue when a boy managed to get a piece of plumbing stuck on his finger.
The nine-year-old Wallington boy was in the car with his mum when he started crying at around 3pm on Sunday, August 25.
When his mum turned to see what the problem was he showed her a compression nut he had got stuck on his finger.
The nut had tightened so much that the blood flow had been restricted and his finger was severely swollen.
The pair went to St Helier Hospital but A&E workers did not have to tools to remove the nut so called Sutton firefighters.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "We had to use a ring cutter but they aren't really designed to cut through nuts like this so it took quite a long time - about half an hour.
"It was very uncomfortable for the young lad and it was in an awkward position so he was very distressed."
Eventually the crew managed to free the boy from the nut and, as a 'thank you', he visited them at the station the next day with some chocolate brownies he made.
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Hero who drowned saving child receives Queen's award
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
Comments are closed on this article.