Sutton builder Steven Jeffrey died after cocaine overdose
A divorced builder died after taking a cocaine overdose, an inquest heard.
Steven Jeffrey, 36, died at St Helier Hospital, on July 2, after taking an overdose of cocaine in his Sutton home, Croydon Coroner’s Court heard yesterday.
In the early hours of the morning on June, 28, the London Ambulance Service were called to Cheam Court, Station Way, and arrived to find a woman performing CPR on him.
The court heard Mr Jeffrey suffered a cardiac arrest and went into a coma.
He was taken to St Helier Hospital where he was put on a ventilator and progressed into a state of brain stem death – dying a few days later.
The court heard Mr Jeffrey had taken an overdose of cocaine in 2006 and been treated for depression in 2008.
Croydon Coroner Dr Roy Palmer concluded he died as a result of non-dependent misuse of drugs.
- Armed robbers tie up man while they steal from the Fox and Hounds pub in Carshalton
- Ignore false alarm claims, say police
- Grandmother-of-thirteen republishes book she wrote for her children 40 years ago
- PICTURES: Father Christmas visits children at cancer hospital
- How to boost Sutton business discussed at House of Lords
Comments are closed on this article.