Free osteoporosis talk at St Anthony's Hospice
A guest speaker will be holding a free awareness evening on osteoporosis.
St Anthony's Hospital in Cheam is hosting One Break is Enough - A Practical Guide to Osteoporosis on Thursday 12 September at 7pm with guest speaker Dr Sangita Agarwal, Consultant Rheumatologist.
In the UK, one in two women and one in five men over the age of 50 will break a bone mainly because of poor bone health.
There are 300,000 fragility fractures every year in the UK with 1,150 people dying every month as a result of hip fractures.
Osteoporosis is a disease that causes the bones in the body to become fragile and prone to breaking.
Dr Agarwal, said: "People often don't know they have the condition until they have a fracture. Screening is helpful at identifying those at risk and a range of highly effective drug treatments exist to reduce the risk of further fractures."
The free awareness evening takes place on Thursday 12 September at St Bede's Conference Centre in the grounds of St Anthony's Hospital, with the doors opening at 6.30pm.
To book your place call 020 8335 4556 or online at www.stanthonys.org.uk.
- From charging at rioters to rescuing hamsters - outgoing top cop shares his stories
- Carshalton chicken shop hoodies attack vulnerable man
- Dog owner lies about address after attack in Carshalton Park
- "I will stay here until they evict me."- says man at loggerheads with the council
- Up to 300 blood samples taken after van is stolen from outside GP surgery in broad daylight
Comments are closed on this article.