Travellers invade Hackbridge site set for multimillion pound redevelopment
Travellers have got into an industrial in an area set for a multi million pound regeneration.
A group, along with about 30 caravans are currently occupying the site of the Felnex Trading Estate in Hackbridge opposite the train station.
One resident, who did not want to be named said he saw two men arrive this morning and since then the more people have been arriving.
He said: " I saw two men break the lock with bolt cutters this morning. It is such a nuisance. I've told the council but I'm not sure they can do anything. I certainly won't be leaving my windows open now."
Sutton Council said that as the land is private, they do not have the power to move them on.
Last year, a £150m plan to redevelop the one million square foot former Felnex industrial estate was rubber stamped by the Greater London Authority.
- Prison staff criticised for failing to carry out mental health checks on schizophrenic murder suspect
- Pictures reveal injuries 12-year-old boy sustained in school playground attack
- Beautiful sunset shines across Sutton
- Sacked worker given backing from top e-cigarette firm in landmark case
- Terry Pratchett novel returned to Sutton after 'good Samaritan' finds it in Mauritius
Comments are closed on this article.