Indoor fireworks spark evacuation in Wallington
A fire thought to have been sparked off by fireworks being set off inside a flat led to an evacuation of nearby residents.
A Police Community Support Officer spotted smoke bellowing out of a second floor flat in Maldon Road, Wallington on Saturday evening (August 31).
No other flats were damaged in the blaze.
A 49-year-old man was arrested for arson and has been bailed to return to Sutton Police Station later this month.
Do you know more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Traveller prevention measures to be installed in Roundshaw
- Appeal for girl with rare genetic disorder raises £2,600
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- Mum sheds nearly seven stone after pregnancy complications
- Hackney teacher from Islington chosen as Labour MP candidate for Carshalton and Wallington
Comments are closed on this article.