Block of flats evacuated as fire destroys Sutton flat
A block of flats had to be evacuated in the early hours of this morning after a fire broke out.
The blaze devastated a flat in Westmoreland Drive, Sutton, but no-one was hurt after firefighters managed to evacuate everyone in the four storey block at 2.30am.
The cause of the fire is unclear and under investigation but police have not been involved at this stage.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said the blaze "badly damaged" the flat and left the rest of the block full of smoke.
The flat where the fire happened has been left uninhabitable.
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Hero who drowned saving child receives Queen's award
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
Comments are closed on this article.