Sutton police warn shops about counterfeit notes in Carshalton
Police are urging shoppers and retailers to be on the lookout for counterfeit notes.
A number of shops in the Carshalton area have been targeted including one fruit and vegetable shop in Carshalton Beeches, which was given a counterfeit £50 note.
Police are advising that notes are checked to make sure they feel and look genuine.
Tips to help you decide if the currency is real are:
- Running your finger across the front of the note to feel raised print in areas such as the words Bank of England;
- hold it up to the light to see an image of the Queen’s portrait and the metallic thread which appears as a continuous dark line;
- check that the lines and colours are sharp, clear and free from smudges.
Further details and other tips are available from the Bank of England website.
- Sutton launches one-stop winter information centre
- British surgeon dies in Syrian prison cell after months of torture
- Sutton cheerleaders perform on X-Factor final
- Major plans to redevelop Sutton gas holders site could get green light tomorrow
- Firefighters to strike again on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
Comments are closed on this article.