Fire breaks out in Wendling Road Carshalton bedroom
A flat has been devastated by fire and smoke after a candle caused a blaze in the early hours of this morning.
Initial reports led crews to believe people were trapped inside the flat but when they arrived everyone in the building had been taken to safety.
The fire was confined to a bedroom but smoke had filled the flat.
Firefighters donned breathing apparatus and used hoses to put out the flames.
Although the fire, thought to have been started by a candle, did not spread beyond the bedroom, firefighters said the smoke damage rendered the rest of the flat uninhabitable.
No one needed medical treatment as a result of the incident.
- Prison staff criticised for failing to carry out mental health checks on schizophrenic murder suspect
- Pictures reveal injuries 12-year-old boy sustained in school playground attack
- Beautiful sunset shines across Sutton
- Sacked worker given backing from top e-cigarette firm in landmark case
- Terry Pratchett novel returned to Sutton after 'good Samaritan' finds it in Mauritius
Comments are closed on this article.