PICTURES: Carshalton street party raises £1,500 for Help for Heroes
Friends and neighbours raised more than £1,500 by getting together to hold a street party.
People living in Surrey Grove, Carshalton, gathered in the street to raise the money for soldiers' charity Help for Heroes on Saturday, September 7.
The event featured fun and games including a tug of war, stalls, face painting, music and more.
Organiser Dee Fenn said: "It went amazingly. The weather was brilliant, there were a few little showers but nothing bad.
"We raised £1,520 - last year we raised £500 and I said this year I'd like to raise £800, but to raise so much is incredible.
"It was a lovely day. I've lived here 40 years and I don't know everyone because people come and go and things like that.
"It meant it was really nice to be able to bring everyone together."
- Environment agency warns of gales and flooding this weekend
- Santa visits shoppers in Tesco
- Dangerous driver faces jail for killing PC Andy Duncan in hit-and-run
- PICTURES: Sutton gets into the festive spirit for Christmas
- Student's reading boat sails into school
Comments are closed on this article.