Wooden post mystery solved
A riddle of a how a wooden post appeared on a grass verge outside a residents home has been solved.
Residents were baffled when a wooden post was put up on Kayemoor Road last month.
Conservative councillor for Sutton South Tony Shields said: "Needless to say nobody asked for the post and it is already proving to be a hazard to residents who have nearly damaged their cars whilst reversing off their driveways, even the man across the road now finds it hard to swing out of his drive, a mystery indeed."
However. the council have now cleared up the mystery.
A Sutton Council spokesperson said: "We took the decision to install a temporary post onto a small piece of land on Kayemoor Road.
"The reason for this was to help revitalise the growth of grass on this patch and prevent further damage to the area from cars."
- Body found in woods believed to be missing Polish man
- Vandals scrawl more offensive graffiti on planned Worcester Park mosque
- Couple denied 50th anniversary holiday by motor home-stealing thief
- BBC's 'Urban Birder' speaks of South London Incinerator heartbreak
- PICTURES: Kids make their own Christmas cards at the Phoenix Centre
Comments are closed on this article.