Sutton M&S takes on job hunting youngsters after training scheme pays off
Four young job seekers have found employment at a Sutton shop after coming through a pioneering training scheme.
M&S in Sutton has taken on the four 16-to-24-year-olds after they took part in the Prince's Trust backed Make Your Mark scheme, which offered young people training and advice to help them find jobs.
The Sutton branch took on all 32 participants who passed the course and four of them are starting at the Sutton High Street branch this month.
Simon Denn, manager at M&S Sutton, said: "We are so pleased to have been able to support these local young people and to subsequently have them as part of our team at M&S Sutton.
There are hundreds of thousands of young people across the UK struggling to find work and we’re extremely proud to be helping to support some of those through the Make Your Mark programme.
We hope to make a real and lasting impact on the lives of the young people coming through the programme at M&S Sutton."
To find out more about taking part in Make Your Mark, call 0800 842 842 or visit www.princes-trust.org.uk/makeyourmark
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Hero who drowned saving child receives Queen's award
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
Comments are closed on this article.