Locked out man stranded on window ledge after wheelie bin tower collapses in Sutton
Firefighters had to rescue a man who got himself stranded in a precarious position after an elaborate attempt to clamber through his own window failed.
The man arrived at his home in Goossens Close, Sutton, shortly after midnight last night only to realise he was locked out.
He decided the best course of action was to stack two wheelie bins on top of his car, climb them and get through his bathroom window.
The agile man managed to clamber up the two wheelie bins and got as far as the window ledge before realising he was too big to fit through the window.
His luck then got worse when his tower of wheelie bins collapsed leaving him stranded on the narrow ledge.
Firefighters from Sutton were called to the scene and brought the man down using ladder before sending a slimmer firefighter up and through the window to open the man's door and let him in.
- Former Crystal Palace, Carshalton Athletic and Sutton United players appear in court for match fixing hearing
- Tim Vine signs copies of his book in Cheam WH Smiths
- Councillor picks up on missing woman's dementia and helps to get her home safely
- Car catches fire in mysterious circumstances in Wallington
- Danny Gough murder accused: 'I made threats to kill but did not carry them out'
Comments are closed on this article.