Man dies after being hit by a lorry near Carshalton Ponds
A man has died after being hit by a lorry near Carshalton Ponds this morning.
The emergency services were called at 9.30am to the incident at the junction of North Street and Pound Street.
The crash caused traffic chaos with parts of Carshalton High Street being closed by the police
The man, who had multiple injuries, was taken by road as a priority to St George's Hospital in Tooting.
Photo by Nick Sparkes
A police spokesman said: "Officers arrived to find a man lying in the road under a DAF delivery lorry. He is being treated by medics. HEMS has landed to assist. Police are attending and assisting with road closures.
"Whilst officers were at the scene they were called to assist an elderly female who had collapsed in a block of flats in Church Hill, which overlook the ponds. It is believed she had stopped breathing and suffered a cardiac arrest."
It is not known if the woman witnessed the incident before suffering a cardiac arrest.
The scene next to Carshalton Ponds
Police cordoned off roads
Do you know more? Call the newsdesk on 0208 722 6358 or email email@example.com
- Sutton Housing Partnership celebrate 2000th window installation
- Sutton celebrates 80th music festival at Overton Grange School
- Traveller prevention measures to be installed in Roundshaw
- Appeal for girl with rare genetic disorder raises £2,600
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
Comments are closed on this article.