Sutton and Cheam MP peddles the virtues of cycling by joining St Philomena High School's bike group
Sutton and Cheam's MP saddled up to join young riders on a bike ride to promote the virtues of cycling.
Paul Burstow showed his support for local cyclists by joining eight members of St Philomena's High School's cycling club earlier this month.
The group rode from the school in Pound Street, Carshalton, to Mr Burstow's office in North Cheam.
The ride took just over 15 minutes despite pouring rain.
Mr Burstow said: "I was really pleased to meet the St Phil’s cycling group and to take part in their event.
"I am keen to encourage cycling in Sutton and Cheam and to promote groups like this one, which boost health and help to protect the environment."
- BBC's 'Urban Birder' speaks of South London Incinerator heartbreak
- PICTURES: Kids make their own Christmas cards at the Phoenix Centre
- VIDEO: Four houses damaged after fire erupts in roof
- 'Dangerous' dog is just a big softy and plays with my children, says owner
- Cancer drug developed in Sutton to extend lives across London
Comments are closed on this article.