Sutton and Cheam MP peddles the virtues of cycling by joining St Philomena High School's bike group
Sutton and Cheam's MP saddled up to join young riders on a bike ride to promote the virtues of cycling.
Paul Burstow showed his support for local cyclists by joining eight members of St Philomena's High School's cycling club earlier this month.
The group rode from the school in Pound Street, Carshalton, to Mr Burstow's office in North Cheam.
The ride took just over 15 minutes despite pouring rain.
Mr Burstow said: "I was really pleased to meet the St Phil’s cycling group and to take part in their event.
"I am keen to encourage cycling in Sutton and Cheam and to promote groups like this one, which boost health and help to protect the environment."
- Traveller prevention measures to be installed in Roundshaw
- Appeal for girl with rare genetic disorder raises £2,600
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- Mum sheds nearly seven stone after pregnancy complications
- Hackney teacher from Islington chosen as Labour MP candidate for Carshalton and Wallington
Comments are closed on this article.