Mayor calls on Sutton's greatest intellects to step up
Sutton's mayor is turning quizmaster as he pits Sutton's greatest minds against each other to raise money for charity.
People will be able to lock their intellectual horns at a quiz to raise funds for the Sutton Mental Health Foundation in October.
Councillor Sean Brennan will be asking the questions and he is hoping lots of people will enter teams in the event.
He said: "Like most people, I love a good quiz and this is a great way to raise some money for a charity that’s close to my heart.
"I’m looking forward to an enjoyable and fun evening. I’d urge people to come and spend some time with me, pit their wits against others and make the event a real success."
The quiz will take place at Robin Hood Primary School in Robin Hood Lane from 6.30pm on Friday, October 4.
Teams need to be made up of eight people and entrants will need to bring their own drinks and glasses as there will not be a bar.
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Hero who drowned saving child receives Queen's award
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report