Arsonist strikes in late-night Wallington spree
A fire-starter torched piles of rubbish and a skip in an arson spree in the early hours of this morning.
Firefighters were called to a burning skip just off Maldon Road in Wallington at about 3am.
The fire in Maldon Road had grown so large it set light an overhanging tree and the crew from Wallington fire station had to hose down both the skip and the tree.
As the team left the scene they were alerted to a fire in nearby Alcester Court off Alcester Road.
When they arrived they found two fires - the suspected arsonist had set a pile of rubbish in a grass-covered area and then torched litter near a brick wall.
The firefighters used a hose to douse both fires and then called the police who are investigating.
If you saw anyone behaving on a suspect manner in the area or have any other information, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
- Fire breaks out at Waitrose in Cheam
- MPs suggest Sutton Hospital could be the best location for new secondary school
- Young man found dead in Wallington house
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash with car
Comments are closed on this article.