Police warn blue badge fraudsters in Sutton
Drivers in Sutton have been falsely using disabled badges so they can park closer to work.
Police are investigating after Sutton Council officials took the details of a car parked with a blue badge in Bushey Road only for the driver to flee when they identified themselves on Wednesday, September 18.
Enquiries revealed the blue badge was registered to an 86-year-old man while the car was registered to a 56-year-old man. Officers tracked the man down and interviewed him.
It is believed several drivers are misusing the badges and police are working with Sutton Council to crack down on the motorists.
- Adorable pups take part in police dog roadshow
- Puppy stolen from family's front garden
- Protest launched against Henderson Hospital plans ahead of key decision
- Car and moped collide near Sutton Station
- Armed robbers tie up man while they steal from the Fox and Hounds pub in Carshalton
Comments are closed on this article.