Stanley Park Infants school in Carshalton wins Speaker's School Council Award.
For the second year running pupils from Stanley Park Infants have been chosen as runner-up in their category at the Speaker's School Council Award.
Over 100 schools entered the scheme designed to encourage interest among students in democratic values.
The judges were impressed by the school’s project, My Money Charity Week, and on Friday, September 27, Tom Brake the MP for Carshalton and Wallington visited the school to present them with an engraved plaque.
Mr Brake said: “I would like to congratulate all the Stanley Park pupils who have excelled themselves in organising events and raising money for various good causes.
“The way in which they have come together to support so many worthy charities is inspiring, and I was honoured to present the award.”
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Hero who drowned saving child receives Queen's award
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
Comments are closed on this article.