Teenage girl punches man's face in row over taxi in Sutton
A "deeply remorseful" girl who punched a man in the face and dragged a girl down the street by a hair during a row over a taxi has been given a community order.
Olivia Anderson, 18, was sentenced to nine months community order at Croydon Crown Court today, and was told to pay a victim surcharge of £60 after pleading guilty to battery and actual bodily harm.
The court heard how a drunk Anderson got involved in an argument on Carshalton Road, Sutton, with victims Callum Smith and Katie Archer on August 8 this year.
Anderson became embroiled in the row, which initially did not involve her, before someone made a remark about her "pale skin", the court heard.
Judge Daniel Flahive, told Anderson: "You got involved in someone else's argument, you grabbed a girls hair and hit Mr Smith.
"I'm not so much interested in how to help you, its trying to make sure you don't do this again."
- Body found in woods believed to be missing Polish man
- Vandals scrawl more offensive graffiti on planned Worcester Park mosque
- Couple denied 50th anniversary holiday by motor home-stealing thief
- BBC's 'Urban Birder' speaks of South London Incinerator heartbreak
- PICTURES: Kids make their own Christmas cards at the Phoenix Centre
Comments are closed on this article.