Security guard knocked out in 'nasty' attack at Co-op in Wrythe Lane, Carshalton
A security guard was knocked out in a "nasty, unprovoked" attack in a Carshalton shop.
The thug entered the Co-Op in Wrythe Lane and hit the 52-year-old security guard so hard in the face he was knocked unconscious at 4.30pm on Friday, September 13.
The attacker fled the shop and the victim was taken to hospital for treatment to a fractured cheek bone and damaged eye socket.
More than a month after the attack, the guard still has impaired vision and has not been able to return to work.
The suspect is a white man aged 28- to 35-years-old. He was wearing a dark jacket with the hood up and a baseball cap under that.
He was wearing lighter-coloured shorts and dark brown workmen's boots.
Detective Sergeant Nicola Peace said: "This was a nasty unprovoked attack and we want the public to help us bring the man responsible before the courts."
If you have information, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get takeaway during pensions strike
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
Comments are closed on this article.