Police officer injured after crash involving unmarked car, van and pedestrian in Sandy Lane South, Wallington
A police officer has been injured after a collision between an unmarked police car, a pedestrian and a van in Sandy Lane South, Wallington, this morning.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision at a zebra crossing near the road's junction with The Mead shortly before 6.30am.
The male police officer in the unmarked car was taken to hospital with non-life-changing injuries, according to a police spokesman. The driver of the van, a Ford Transit, was taken to hospital but has been discharged and the male pedestrian was treated at the scene.
The road remains closed between Link Lane and Waterer Rise and traffic, including buses, is being diverted.
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
- Fire breaks out at Waitrose in Cheam
- MPs suggest Sutton Hospital could be the best location for new secondary school
- Young man found dead in Wallington house
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash with car
Comments are closed on this article.