PICTURES: Landlocked sailing club, Sutton Mariners, celebrates 25th birthday
Sutton might be landlocked but it has a thriving sailing club which just celebrated its 25th birthday.
Sutton Mariners, including seven of the club’s previous commodores, gathered for a celebratory dinner on Saturday evening.
Jonathan Schenck Sutton Mariners' first commodore
Cathy Quine with Garry and Janice Mackey
The group toast
Being landlocked has been no obstacle to the club’s development with about 20 club members owning their own boats moored in the Solent and the Chichester areas.
The club meets weekly at the Borough Sports Ground, Gander Green Lane, West Sutton. For more information visit their website.
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- UPDATE: Body in woods was man in 20s, police confirm
- 'Dead body' found on Banstead Common
- Two footballers charged with match fixing
- VIDEO: CCTV shows calm killer as he flees betting shop murder
Comments are closed on this article.