Mystery surrounds flood in abandoned Roundshaw flat
An abandoned flat in Roundshaw was flooded in mysterious circumstances this morning.
Firefighters were called to the first-floor flat in Spartan Close after water started leaking through the floor into the flat below at shortly before 6am.
When the crew from Wallington fire station arrived, they found the flat empty but with the shower turned on at full flow with no signs of how it was switched on.
A London fire Brigade spokesman said: "All we can think of is that the water was turned off from outside and has since been turned on and no-one had realised the tap was open."
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- UPDATE: Body in woods was man in 20s, police confirm
- 'Dead body' found on Banstead Common
- Two footballers charged with match fixing
- VIDEO: CCTV shows calm killer as he flees betting shop murder
Comments are closed on this article.