Teen arrested in Chaucer House Sutton fire probe
A youth has been arrested in connection with a fire on the top floor of a block of flats that got so hot it shattered windows.
Police arrested the 14-year-old boy in connection with the fire in a communal bin area on the ninth floor of Chaucer House off Collingwood Road in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The boy was arrested at lunchtime on Friday and was taken to a south London police station for questioning.
Sergeant Kathy Morteo of the Sutton North safer neighbourhoods team said: "Our enquiries are continuing and we urge the public to come forward if they have any information."
If you have information you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
- Fire breaks out at Waitrose in Cheam
- MPs suggest Sutton Hospital could be the best location for new secondary school
- Young man found dead in Wallington house
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash with car
Comments are closed on this article.