Teen arrested in Chaucer House Sutton fire probe
A youth has been arrested in connection with a fire on the top floor of a block of flats that got so hot it shattered windows.
Police arrested the 14-year-old boy in connection with the fire in a communal bin area on the ninth floor of Chaucer House off Collingwood Road in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The boy was arrested at lunchtime on Friday and was taken to a south London police station for questioning.
Sergeant Kathy Morteo of the Sutton North safer neighbourhoods team said: "Our enquiries are continuing and we urge the public to come forward if they have any information."
If you have information you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Former Crystal Palace, Carshalton Athletic and Sutton United players appear in court for match fixing hearing
- Tim Vine signs copies of his book in Cheam WH Smiths
- Councillor picks up on missing woman's dementia and helps to get her home safely
- Car catches fire in mysterious circumstances in Wallington
- Danny Gough murder accused: 'I made threats to kill but did not carry them out'
Comments are closed on this article.