Sutton Council 'sees into the future' as sign predicts tree fall during storm
The council managed to predict the future with a sign that foretold the felling of a beech tree this morning.
Sutton Council had been due to fell a beech tree in Devonshire Avenue today because of fungus problems - but the high winds did the work for it and pulled the tree down on the same day workers were due to give it the chop.
Councillor Tony Shields said: "It's not often the council is this accurate with its predictions!"
- Former Crystal Palace, Carshalton Athletic and Sutton United players appear in court for match fixing hearing
- Tim Vine signs copies of his book in Cheam WH Smiths
- Councillor picks up on missing woman's dementia and helps to get her home safely
- Car catches fire in mysterious circumstances in Wallington
- Danny Gough murder accused: 'I made threats to kill but did not carry them out'
Comments are closed on this article.