Young Cheam apprentice gets on the ladder
An aspiring engineer has got his first foot on the ladder through a council apprenticeship scheme.
He said: “I didn’t know what I wanted to do when I finished school and I saw this as an opportunity that would help me to get into engineering.
“I didn’t know what to expect when I started but everyone here at Sutton Council has made me feel comfortable and they give me a lot of support and made me feel part of the team.”
Councillor Jayne McCoy, chairperson of housing, economy and business committee said: “I’d like to wish Joshua and indeed all our apprentices the best of luck with us and look forward to seeing their contribution to the borough over the next few years.”
The council, through its Opportunity Sutton Programme, will provide the salary for the apprentices.
- Serious failures in prison system contributed to death of murder suspect
- Hero who drowned saving child receives Queen's award
- Teen suffers head injuries after second storey window fall
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
Comments are closed on this article.