David Weir meets his Sutton fans at Weirwolf book signing
People queued to get books signed by a local sporting hero at the weekend.
Roundshaw Paralympian David Weir signed copies of his book Weirwolf: My Story for hundreds of fans at Waterstones in Sutton Town Centre on Saturday.
A happy fan after meeting his hero
Weir, who won four gold medals at last year's London Paralympics and has won the London Marathon six times, released the book earlier this year.
It tells his story from when he learned to cope with the spinal cord problem that left him without the use of his legs from birth, to his victories in London last year and the birth of his third child, Tillia Grace London Weir, last October.
The queue outside Waterstones on Saturday
- Body found in woods believed to be missing Polish man
- Vandals scrawl more offensive graffiti on planned Worcester Park mosque
- Couple denied 50th anniversary holiday by motor home-stealing thief
- BBC's 'Urban Birder' speaks of South London Incinerator heartbreak
- PICTURES: Kids make their own Christmas cards at the Phoenix Centre
Comments are closed on this article.