Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake wears it pink for breast cancer charity
An MP swapped yellow for pink as part of a Breast Cancer Campaign charity event last week.
Schools, colleges and businesses across the country took part in Wear it Pink Day on October 25, which has raised £23 million over the last 10 years.
Wear it Pink Day was just one of the events that took place during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, which is organized by Breast Cancer Care.
Around 50,000 women and 400 men are diagnosed with breast cancer every year.
Mr Brake said: "Sadly, most of us know someone who has been affected by this disease.
"I would encourage everyone to donate to Breast Cancer Campaign, however small the amount, and help them fund research which will one day lead to a cure."
- Prison staff criticised for failing to carry out mental health checks on schizophrenic murder suspect
- Pictures reveal injuries 12-year-old boy sustained in school playground attack
- Beautiful sunset shines across Sutton
- Sacked worker given backing from top e-cigarette firm in landmark case
- Terry Pratchett novel returned to Sutton after 'good Samaritan' finds it in Mauritius
Comments are closed on this article.