Homeless man who started blaze in St Nicholas Church graveyard moved on by firefighters
A homeless man who started a camp-fire in a graveyard was told to visit the Salvation Army by firefighters.
Firefighters were called to St Nicholas Church's graveyard in Sutton town centre after reports of someone starting a fire there at 11.51pm on Monday.
The crew from Sutton fire station found a homeless man had set up a small blaze to keep warm.
A spokesman said: "Obviously we had to put the fire out but we are sympathetic to his situation. We suggested he went to the Salvation Army nearby to get warm.
"The fire was only small. We used buckets to put it out."
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
- Neighbours shock after house fire leaves woman fighting for life
- Wallington's Maggie Hughes named mum of the year for campaign following attack on her son
- Woman fights for her life with 60 per cent burns - Man arrested in attempted murder probe
- Carshalton and Wallington MP hails British Heart Foundation volunteers
Comments are closed on this article.