Homeless man who started blaze in St Nicholas Church graveyard moved on by firefighters
A homeless man who started a camp-fire in a graveyard was told to visit the Salvation Army by firefighters.
Firefighters were called to St Nicholas Church's graveyard in Sutton town centre after reports of someone starting a fire there at 11.51pm on Monday.
The crew from Sutton fire station found a homeless man had set up a small blaze to keep warm.
A spokesman said: "Obviously we had to put the fire out but we are sympathetic to his situation. We suggested he went to the Salvation Army nearby to get warm.
"The fire was only small. We used buckets to put it out."
- Carshalton and Wallington MP hails British Heart Foundation volunteers
- Tell Sutton Council what you think about advice and information services
- Spate of fires in Sutton 'started deliberately'
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
Comments are closed on this article.