Dead fox causes stink at Cheam High School
Part of a school had to be closed after a fox got in and died there over the weekend.
Teachers and pupils arrived to Cheam High School on Monday morning to be greeted by a terrible smell from where the sick fox had got in, died, and began to decompose.
Staff had to ban pupils from a section of the school's sixth form area while they disinfected the affected area on Monday.
The incident caused a stir on social network Twitter with one user, @skittles_galore, tweeting: "A fox strolled into our social zone and died over the weekend and now the x-block stinks of death...only in cheam high would that happen."
Another, @MithraB_, added: "Dead fox in the social...only at cheam."
A spokeswoman for the Chatsworth Road school said: "The students were told to stay away from a small corner of our very large site whilst it was being cleaned.
"There was no disruption to lessons or to students' learning and studying."
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals "working hard" to achieve clinical standards for London
- Top 10 things you don't know about Sutton
- 96 per cent of Sutton children to go to primary school of their choosing - although almost four per cent will not
Comments are closed on this article.