No messing with these politicians in North Cheam
Politicians have been getting their hands dirty cleaning up North Cheam.
Council leader Ruth Dombey was joined by Lib Dem councillors Mary Burstow, Nick Emmerson and Marlene Heron on Saturday, November 30.
The group started outside MP Paul Burstow's constituency office and worked their way down the road.
Councillor Mary Burstow, who organised the clean-up, said: “We are tremendously proud of Sutton and want to see that pride reflected in its environment.
“As councillors we have a duty to ensure litter does not become a persistent problem, and sometimes that calls for action rather than words.”
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals "working hard" to achieve clinical standards for London
- Top 10 things you don't know about Sutton
- 96 per cent of Sutton children to go to primary school of their choosing - although almost four per cent will not
- Schoolgirl left for dead by boy racers speaks from her hospital bed
Comments are closed on this article.