No messing with these politicians in North Cheam
Politicians have been getting their hands dirty cleaning up North Cheam.
Council leader Ruth Dombey was joined by Lib Dem councillors Mary Burstow, Nick Emmerson and Marlene Heron on Saturday, November 30.
The group started outside MP Paul Burstow's constituency office and worked their way down the road.
Councillor Mary Burstow, who organised the clean-up, said: “We are tremendously proud of Sutton and want to see that pride reflected in its environment.
“As councillors we have a duty to ensure litter does not become a persistent problem, and sometimes that calls for action rather than words.”
- Tributes paid to 20-year-old student Tayla Woodard who died after falling ill in Worcester Park house
- Mum whose life was ruined by an attack from a violent thug is calling for his sentence to be reviewed
- Government denies 'crisis' at High Down Prison
- Anonymous donor steps in with £40,000 gift to save Sutton charity
- Tenants move vote of no confidence in Sutton Housing Partnership
Comments are closed on this article.