Family Butcher shop celebrates 80 years in Carshalton Beeches
A family-run butcher shop is celebrating its 80th birthday.
Willetts Butchers in Banstead Road
The shop has loyal customers including one woman who visited with her ration book to collect her meat just after the war and still returns to the shop now.
Owner David Brett, 44, from Orpington, has worked in the shop for 25 years after his father passed it on.
He first started working in the shop when he was just seven years old for 50p on a Wednesday.
He said he had really enjoyed his time at Willetts and added: “We will have balloons and a banner up to celebrate.”
They are celebrating their birthday by giving away a turkey to the 80th customer who comes in to buy one.
- Businesses raise charity money with Great British Bake Off
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals "working hard" to achieve clinical standards for London
- Top 10 things you don't know about Sutton
Comments are closed on this article.