Family Butcher shop celebrates 80 years in Carshalton Beeches
A family-run butcher shop is celebrating its 80th birthday.
Willetts Butchers in Banstead Road
The shop has loyal customers including one woman who visited with her ration book to collect her meat just after the war and still returns to the shop now.
Owner David Brett, 44, from Orpington, has worked in the shop for 25 years after his father passed it on.
He first started working in the shop when he was just seven years old for 50p on a Wednesday.
He said he had really enjoyed his time at Willetts and added: “We will have balloons and a banner up to celebrate.”
They are celebrating their birthday by giving away a turkey to the 80th customer who comes in to buy one.
- Overall crime down in Sutton - but reports of rape and hate crime go up
- Mother of murdered schoolgirl Ellie Butler charged with intent to pervert the course of justice
- Severed finger found in North Cheam park
- Police probe 'head butt' on Carshalton footballer
- Protesters campaign for link road to get HGVs off Gander Green Lane
Comments are closed on this article.