Family Butcher shop celebrates 80 years in Carshalton Beeches
A family-run butcher shop is celebrating its 80th birthday.
Willetts Butchers in Banstead Road
The shop has loyal customers including one woman who visited with her ration book to collect her meat just after the war and still returns to the shop now.
Owner David Brett, 44, from Orpington, has worked in the shop for 25 years after his father passed it on.
He first started working in the shop when he was just seven years old for 50p on a Wednesday.
He said he had really enjoyed his time at Willetts and added: “We will have balloons and a banner up to celebrate.”
They are celebrating their birthday by giving away a turkey to the 80th customer who comes in to buy one.
- Man charged with murder of six-year-old girl
- Teen girls end up in court after waging Facebook hate campaign against teachers
- Worcester Park councillor convicted for racially aggravated assault in train station pub
- Have you lost 28 toothbrushes?
- Tragic history of house where woman suffered severe burns in possible attempted murder emerges
Comments are closed on this article.