Sutton celebrates 80th music festival at Overton Grange School
Sutton’s 80th music festival came to a close at Overton Grange School with a gala prize-giving event.
The 2013 Sutton Music Festival ended on Sunday, December 1, at Overton Grange School. Sixty trophies and prizes were presented by the festival’s president, the Mayor of Sutton, Councillor Sean Brennan.
Oscar and Reuben Grout play Mouse Melody
The festival takes place over three weekends throughout November and includes singing, instrumental, piano playing, speech and drama.
Coun Brennan said the quality of performances was ‘outstanding’ and added: “It is good to know that after 80 years the festival is still going strong.
"I know how much people enjoy this festival and look forward to it reaching its 100th birthday.”
- Protesters campaign for link road to get HGVs off Gander Green Lane
- Fraud officers arrive at suspect's house find cannabis factory
- Notorious North Cheam eyesore finally set for demolition
- Stranded pensioner fell and could not reach her panic button
- Fire breaks out at laboratory - dangerous chemical specialists called in
Comments are closed on this article.